Rajma masala. Rajma masala is a weekly affair at home and a sunday lunch. This particular rajma recipe made restaurant style goes very well with both rice as well as naan. Rajma Masala – Indian kidney beans curry cooked with onions, tomatoes and a special blend of spices.
Rajma masala is served with chawal (rice). Some onion & lemon wedges on the side is all you need to enjoy this. With this Rajma Masala Powder Recipe, prepare the homemade spice mix for the Rajma Recipe. You can have Rajma masala using 17 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Rajma masala
- Prepare 1 cup of rajma or kidney beans.
- It’s 4 tbsp of oil.
- You need 1 stick of cinnamon.
- It’s 4 of cloves.
- It’s 2 of black cardamom.
- You need 1 of bay leaf.
- You need 6 of peppercorns.
- Prepare 2 of large onions.
- You need 1 of large tomato.
- You need 1/2 tbsp of ginger paste.
- You need 1/2 tbsp of garlic paste.
- You need 1 teaspoon of turmeric.
- It’s 1 tbsp of coriander cumin powder.
- It’s 1 tbsp of red chili powder.
- You need 1 tbsp of garam masala.
- It’s to taste of salt.
- It’s 2 tbsp of coriander leaves.
To prepare the Rajma masala powder, you need firstly clean the whole spices. the rajma recipe is straight forward to cook, yet some tips, suggestions and variations to make perfect rajma masala. firstly, i heavily recommend soaking the rajma overnight before pressure cooking till it. Rajma masala is a popular North Indian dish that is made very often in Punjabi households. Boiled Red kidney beans are simmered in spicy onion-tomato gravy. Basically rajma masala is used by cooking soaked red kidney beans first and then simmering in a onion tomato based masala.
Rajma masala instructions
- Wash and soak rajma for 6 to 8 hours. Now pressure cook it until 4 whistles. Let the pressure release itself..
- Heat oil in a pot and add all the whole spices. Now add onion paste and mix it well. Cook it for 5 minutes and add ginger and garlic paste. Cook everything until light brown in colour. Now add all the dry spices and mix well. Now add tomato paste and mix well. Add one fourth cup of water and mix..
- When the oil start separating from the gravy, add boiled rajma. Now add 2 cups water and let it cook for 10 to 15 minutes on medium heat. Now add chopped coriander leaves and turn off the heat..
- Serve rajma masala curry while it is still hot with rice or paratha..
The curry is flavored with garam masala powder. Home style Recipe for Rajma Masala – Rajma Chawal. Made with home made masala powder. Can be served with roti or rice. Making Punjabi Rajma Masala in Instant Pot.