'Twisted' waffles with bacon. These savory Bacon Cheddar Waffles are a recipe I first tasted at an event hosted by Chef Josh Capon, and I got the recipe to share with you. They're mighty delicious and dare I say better than a sweet waffle! While I definitely enjoy a sweet waffle with butter and maple syrup, I like savory.
If you're one of those people who can never choose between sweet This waffle recipe is so versatile you could use it with all sorts of toppings such as melted marshmallow for an extra sweet twist or some honey if you want. I wouldn't mind being a B if I could be one of these. I'm in a waffle mood right now. You can have 'Twisted' waffles with bacon using 6 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of 'Twisted' waffles with bacon
- Prepare 2 of eggs.
- You need 1/2 cup of Milk 2%.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- It’s 1 cup of wholegrain rolled oats.
- You need 1 tbsp of lemon or orange juice.
- It’s 4 slice of smoked bacon.
And by mood, I guess I mean phase. I'm really into waffles, especially when covered with tons of fresh … Delicious homemade waffles laced with pieces of crisp bacon and served with all the trimmings. Try them as an indulgent treat for special occasions. Equipment and preparation: For this recipe you will need a waffle maker.
'Twisted' waffles with bacon instructions
- In a large bowl put the eggs and whisk for a couple of minutes. Mix in the milk and the oats..
- Mix the lemon or orange juice in a small bawl with the baking powder. This helps the baking powder dissolve (will look like white foam) and will mix with the rest of the batter better..
- Mix the baking powder with the rest of the batter in the large bowl and allow to rest in the fridge for 20 to 30 minutes. ..
- You can use the waffle maker or the pancake pan. The heat should be medium as it needs to cook through and not get burnt from the outside. It takes about 4 tablespoons per waffle. If the butter is quite thick before you useit add a spalsh of milk and whjsk lightly. Also place the rashers of bacon under the grill until crispy. They should be ready by the time you fi n ish off with the waffles,..
- Serving suggestion: with crispy grilled bacon and maple syrup. Or bacon sadwich with tomato slices. Absolutely delicoiusand gulit fre…ish!.
Heat a waffle maker and brush with melted butter. Cook waffles in batches until golden. Line baking sheet with parchment paper. In large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda. Bacon can penetrate da Waffle's turret?