Coconut Bird's Nests. Adorably cute birds nest cookies are so fun for Easter! And if you are a coconut fan, these little coconut nests are pure chewy goodness! More of my favorite Easter desserts are Easter Egg Cake Balls, Hot Cross Buns, Easter Egg Coconut Cupcakes and a Moist Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting.
A wide variety of coconut birds nest options are available to you, such as material, feature, and function. Place coconut macaroons birds nests on a plate and allow to cool. Watch carefully for any cracks in the eggs. You can cook Coconut Bird's Nests using 3 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Coconut Bird's Nests
- You need 3 1/2 cups of shredded coconut (sweet or unsweet is fine).
- It’s 1 (12 oz) of bag semi sweet chocolate chips.
- It’s of Assorted flavored jelly beans (your fave).
Combine cereal and coconut in bowl. Easter Coconut bird's nest cookies are macaroon cookies filled with caramel and mini robin's egg candies. Tfwadmx Natural Coconut Hide with Ladder, Hanging Bird House for Cage, Coconut Shell Bird Breeding Nest for Gecko Parakeet Lovebird Finch Hamster Rat. These Chocolate Bird Nests are a favorite for Easter in our family.
Coconut Bird's Nests instructions
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Line a baking sheet with foil. Spread coconut out on baking sheet evenly. Place in oven. Bake until lightly toasted stirring every 5 minutes. Should take 15 minutes tops for the proper toasting..
- Place chocolate chips in a medium microwave safe bowl. Heat in microwave for 1 minute. Stir. Continue heating in 30 second intervals, stirring after each, until completely melted and smooth..
- Add toasted coconut to chocolate stir to combine thoroughly. Use 2 spoons to scoop mixture out into 12 mounds on foil lined baking sheet..
- Press 3 jelly beans into the center of each mound. You will need to gently reshape and press coconut mixture more tightly around jelly beans (use the spoons for this lol)..
- These will set up at room temperature, but to speed up the process (and for best setting) place the baking sheet in the fridge..
My kids love helping to make the little nests and adding little chocolate eggs to the middle. They are the perfect spring-time, no-bake. Bird's nest soup is one of the most famous but also most controversial delicacies in Chinese cuisine. Many people are willing to spend small fortunes on this soup as they believe eating it will help them. When you purchase bird nest, the nest usually comes in pieces and the package tells you how many servings it contains.