Vickys Scottish Tablet, Gluten, Dairy, Egg & Soy-Free. Vickys Scottish Tablet, Gluten, Dairy, Egg & Soy-Free Make sure you'll have no interruptions before starting this! It can burn or set too soon if you don't keep an eye on it. Everything I post is free from gluten, dairy, eggs, soy and most are peanut and tree nut-free too.
Traditionally stovies were a Scottish peasants food and were made with only potato, onion and beef drippings, which were the normal leftovers or scrapings from other meals. As time has moved on, people have added. Scottish tablet is one of those desserts that you'd imagine would be nearly impossible to make a dairy-free version of, but thankfully you can now indulge your sweet tooth in this traditional treat with this simple recipe. You can have Vickys Scottish Tablet, Gluten, Dairy, Egg & Soy-Free using 4 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Vickys Scottish Tablet, Gluten, Dairy, Egg & Soy-Free
- You need 500 ml of water.
- Prepare 225 grams of gold-foil Stork margarine / butter.
- It’s 1800 grams of caster sugar.
- You need 450 grams of coconut condensed milk from my separately posted recipe.
Put the sugar, milk, syrup and vanilla extract in a large, heavy based pan. Gluten, Dairy, And Egg-Free breadI love this recipe because it covers so many allergies at one time. My husband recently found out that he's highly allergic to eggs, and he's trying to minimize dairy as well – eek! It's nice to have a trusty old standby to come to bat!
Vickys Scottish Tablet, Gluten, Dairy, Egg & Soy-Free step by step
- Butter an 18cm square or 10x20cm tin.
- Add the water and butter to a large saucepan and heat until the butter has melted.
- Add the sugar and dissolve it, then turn the heat up high bringing it to a hard boil. Stir continuously to avoid burning.
- Slowly add the condensed milk – be very careful of it spitting back – stir it in the lower the heat to a simmer.
- The mixture will resemble the surface of the moon by now! It should be bubbling and darkening in colour.
- When visibily thickened, around 20 minutes of simmering, remove the pan from the heat and beat the mixture vigorously until smooth. You can add flavouring at this point if you wish – vanilla, peppermint, whiskey etc.
- Pour mixture into the buttered tin. Let cool enough to cut it before it cools completely..
- Store in an airtight container.
- This is very sweet…lol.
I will say that this bread is best fresh, but it makes excellent. There are few desserts that communicate a sense of celebration quite like cakes. A Scottish institution, this famous ice cream parlour is ideally located by the waterfront in Largs and is a haven of sweet treats and art deco elegance. Get the latest news on the Coronavirus Other savoury egg and crumbed recipes on Gluten Free Alchemist : GF Ham & Potato Croquettes Goose Egg Frittata with Spiralized Roasted Veg Japanese Fried Tofu with Egg, Spring Onion & Bonito Flakes Mini Quiches Summer Tortilla Tuna Nicoise Salad Roast Dinner Quiche. Cover and place on high heat.